News in Digital Therapeutics
- Dthera Sciences Announces Results of Clinical Study of its Product ReminX
"The results of this proof-of-concept study are very promising and have the potential to help herald a new way to deliver a form of relief to patients suffering with dementia and related anxiety or depression. Our results indicate that the use of this software led to an immediate and significant decrease in anxiety and depression in our patients, which was also observed by their caregivers. These significant results, which were larger in magnitude than expected, form the basis to further investigate the neuropsychiatric mechanisms that underlie improved mood through the use of this software technology," stated Dr. Filoteo"
- Can “Digital Therapeutics” Be as Good as Drugs?
"What if an app could replace a pill? That’s the big question behind an emerging trend known as “digital therapeutics.” The idea: software that can improve a person’s health as much as a drug can, but without the same cost and side-effects."
- Dthera Sciences Becomes a Public Company
""We are very excited to have completed the process of becoming a public company, which is a significant milestone for Dthera Sciences. To our knowledge, we are the first and only publicly-traded Digital Therapeutics company and one of the few targeting the Alzheimer's and Dementia space. We believe that we are ideally positioned to capitalize on both the rise of the Digital Therapeutics market and the expanding need to offer additional solutions in Alzheimer's care," said Edward Cox, CEO."
- Is Digital Therapeutics the Next Big Thing in mHealth?
"Digital therapeutics startups treat software as a drug capable of amplifying doctors’ care, changing patient behavior, treating preventive costly chronic diseases and, most importantly, bending the healthcare cost curve."
- Dementia now leading cause of death
"Last year, more than 61,000 people died of dementia - 11.6% of all recorded deaths."
- Mobile Health (mHealth) Market by Services (Prevention, Monitoring, Diagnostic, Treatment, Information and reference, Wellness, and Healthcare strengthening services), by Equipment - Global Industry Analysis, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 20201
"Global mobile health (mHealth) market is estimated to reach $60 billion by the end of 2020 at a CAGR of 33% till 2020."
- Psilos Group: Digital Therapeutics -- "Software as a Drug" -- Is a $6 Billion Potential Market Opportunity Says 2016 Outlook Report
"The new generation of digital therapeutics is demonstrating clinical efficacy by marrying the latest developments in behavioral economics, smartphones, game-ification, biometric sensors, data analytics and artificial intelligence. The long-term goal of digital therapeutics is to bend the healthcare cost curve."
- Digital Therapeutics – “Software as a Drug” – Is Instrumental to Value-Based Health Care’s Road to Success
"Digital health companies deploy software modules as an enhancement to, or even a substitute for, a prescription drug. They are very affordable and effective, and poised to play a critical role in substantially improving the efficiency of American health care."